Welcome!

"Antique Quilts are hugs from the past" They are my passion, fact is I AM A QUILT-A-HOLIC AND PROUD OF IT. If you want to e-mail me it is quiltladyIII@aol.com and please do leave a comment. Also check out my Flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/delainegatelyquilts/

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Lots to tell about our travels

Flights were very bumpy both ways I am not a happy flyer I used to be but the last few flights have left me whizie and wobbly for days but once we landed I was better.  Honolulu is like going to the fair people everywhere, we were so tired from the flight we could not stay awake for the new years eve fireworks and I was really looking forwards to them, oh well just my luck.  I was sick twice on Oahu  so I did not go to Pearl Harbor or the Iinterpretive center with the family, I had already experienced them so it was okay, once we got to Kauai we had wonderful facilities and the water was wonderful. Our two little grand-daughters Kayla and Katie went with us they were dolls.  The only thing that really bugged me was not having access to the web and no cribbage I did not realize how much I would miss cribbage, so I will be getting a WiFi something or other soon funny how we get used to those little emails from friends and family. Everyone has cell phones and those little things in their ears and it is something I am going to try to over come.  Cribbage is just a game not my life, I am trying to over come I think, I can I think I can..


Hawaiian quilting class with Carol Kamaile a very talented lady at Merritt Waikiki

A young Banion Tree





Our beach in Kauai

Snorkel Beauty how fun even for old broads

It is winter in the Islands and even so the flowers were wonderful the hibiscus oh they were so big and colorful. One thing they do have is chickens everywhere, hundreds of them and many many crowing roosters; as long as we kept the sliders shut the crowing was not to bad.  In the morning  breakfast on the deck was quite noisy those roosters were very busy fellows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaves of God Fall 2009

My seasons have flown by so fast
I can hardly remember the details of my budding
I bloomed far too early forced by natures call
The flower of my youth stolen
My spring lost

I could not hold my bloom
As fruit required all my time
That season of summer went so fast
Consumed by my fruit youth slipped away
Never to swing freely in the warm summers breeze
I held fast lest my fruit should fall

Hot summer days turn to chilly nights
My fruit now ripe hear falls call
They release to face their own unknown
I watch as they fall free
My branches lift from their weight
I stand-alone the crisp air begins to blow

Indian summer comes with new love
I bask in the crisp sun light
My beauty is seen and shared
With the bloom of crimson leaves
My golden years begin

Too soon, I see my skin begin to shrivel
Youths golden beauty slips into grey
My hold on the tree of life seems futile
The frost of winter comes so fast
I hold tight lest I fall

So many leaves are falling
I watch as they let go one by one
My winter is here my time has come
The cold ground awaits my fall

The snows of winter cover my memory
Yet the family tree still stands
Spring will come
New leaves will unfold
The seasons of life begins again

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston