Welcome!

"Antique Quilts are hugs from the past" They are my passion, fact is I AM A QUILT-A-HOLIC AND PROUD OF IT. If you want to e-mail me it is quiltladyIII@aol.com and please do leave a comment. Also check out my Flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/delainegatelyquilts/

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The stars are not as bright nor the sun

Did you ever meet someone who was radiant, with sunshine and laughter, someone that no matter when you saw or talked to her; she was always happy. In my life there was one - dear lady who could carry that off and it was my cousin's wife  "Char" Charlotte Stafford, we lost her this past week.  For her family and friends a bit of sunshine will be forever lost.  I knew Char since I was a little girl and that is a long long time, and believe me I never heard a disparaging word or anger from her lips, My cousin Lee married her  in 1945 and brought her into our family and what a joy she was.  She will be missed like the sun lost in the clouds her memory will warm our hearts.  Lee and his sons Mark and Kirk were so blessed to have been able to share her life and so was everybody who knew her.  Good bye Char I will miss your happy voice and laughter and We will meet again in another place. Say a prayer for Lee for he has lost the love of his life, he said he was doing okay but every once in a while he will catches him self looking for her, he remembers then he cannot help it he weeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaves of God Fall 2009

My seasons have flown by so fast
I can hardly remember the details of my budding
I bloomed far too early forced by natures call
The flower of my youth stolen
My spring lost

I could not hold my bloom
As fruit required all my time
That season of summer went so fast
Consumed by my fruit youth slipped away
Never to swing freely in the warm summers breeze
I held fast lest my fruit should fall

Hot summer days turn to chilly nights
My fruit now ripe hear falls call
They release to face their own unknown
I watch as they fall free
My branches lift from their weight
I stand-alone the crisp air begins to blow

Indian summer comes with new love
I bask in the crisp sun light
My beauty is seen and shared
With the bloom of crimson leaves
My golden years begin

Too soon, I see my skin begin to shrivel
Youths golden beauty slips into grey
My hold on the tree of life seems futile
The frost of winter comes so fast
I hold tight lest I fall

So many leaves are falling
I watch as they let go one by one
My winter is here my time has come
The cold ground awaits my fall

The snows of winter cover my memory
Yet the family tree still stands
Spring will come
New leaves will unfold
The seasons of life begins again

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston