Welcome!

"Antique Quilts are hugs from the past" They are my passion, fact is I AM A QUILT-A-HOLIC AND PROUD OF IT. If you want to e-mail me it is quiltladyIII@aol.com and please do leave a comment. Also check out my Flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/delainegatelyquilts/

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Baby quilt on the cutting board

Pink, grey and white interesting colors I have no idea what to make since I do not  do patterns it will be something different....I was not sure of the grey I was surprised to find three shades of grey flannel at the quilt Barn in Puyallup.  I did not think I would find any grey flannel let alone three shades, well that left me with a decision, and it was not easy I choose a dark charcoal it seems to go well with the hot pinks.  We quilters are blessed with such a rainbow of colors and I mean colors; the quilt barn has the largest collection of batiks I have ever seen they are gorgeous If you have never gone there, do, it is well worth the journey.
It has been a long day, made a lemon tart or "curd" yummy they really do taste great with vanilla ice cream we are going to our daughter Karol's for dinner tomorrow, the kids always have fun even if it rains.  I also made hamburger buns they look pretty good the taste will tell, my bread machine surley did howel not sure what was wrong anyway I had fun making it.........Well I am ready for bed, I am going to start writing more in the coming weeks one has to hown ones gifts after all...So until the next write.   Here are a couple pictures of the budding quilt on the design wal, as you can see I do not know which direction to go, surely I will get it done by August.
 Be Happy Delaine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaves of God Fall 2009

My seasons have flown by so fast
I can hardly remember the details of my budding
I bloomed far too early forced by natures call
The flower of my youth stolen
My spring lost

I could not hold my bloom
As fruit required all my time
That season of summer went so fast
Consumed by my fruit youth slipped away
Never to swing freely in the warm summers breeze
I held fast lest my fruit should fall

Hot summer days turn to chilly nights
My fruit now ripe hear falls call
They release to face their own unknown
I watch as they fall free
My branches lift from their weight
I stand-alone the crisp air begins to blow

Indian summer comes with new love
I bask in the crisp sun light
My beauty is seen and shared
With the bloom of crimson leaves
My golden years begin

Too soon, I see my skin begin to shrivel
Youths golden beauty slips into grey
My hold on the tree of life seems futile
The frost of winter comes so fast
I hold tight lest I fall

So many leaves are falling
I watch as they let go one by one
My winter is here my time has come
The cold ground awaits my fall

The snows of winter cover my memory
Yet the family tree still stands
Spring will come
New leaves will unfold
The seasons of life begins again

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston