Welcome!

"Antique Quilts are hugs from the past" They are my passion, fact is I AM A QUILT-A-HOLIC AND PROUD OF IT. If you want to e-mail me it is quiltladyIII@aol.com and please do leave a comment. Also check out my Flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/delainegatelyquilts/

Friday, September 30, 2011

Speaking to your soul

How does one do that?  The process is so simple and yet so many do not know how to access their own inner being, their "soul" so to speak.  It starts with finding a place where you can sit and let your mind wander and that is just what it does at first.  They call it monkey mind and we all have it; your mind runs a muck bouncing off one thought after another.  It takes time to learn how to control the monkey mind. time to open your soul to self. Once you put that monkey away and allow your true feelings and thoughts to come out the magic happens.   Yes I am talking about the magic again, we all have access to it, yet so many never understand the wonder of meditation and what it does to self, how it strengthens you and stabilizes your well- being.  Through meditation we find our inner most feelings and needs and we are able to get them into prospective.  We grow and become better able to handle the slings and arrows of life, and we are able to set our goals and be positive about who we are. 
Now there is a danger here, if you are so insecure and you do not love yourself you could drag yourself down and slip into a pity party from which you tell yourself you are not good enough. That is self in flicking doubt  and it will just drag you down further.  Just stop it, when those negative thoughts come in speak out loud "Stop it" claim victory over self doubt push it out of your thoughts, Say it out loud; I am a worthy person and "I will succeed" "I will be okay" "I will get stronger", say it out loud if necessary.  Stand in front of the mirror and say it until you know in your heart, you are okay.   Once you have over come the dragon you will be able to control the monkey mind and begin the healing process with in. One must cleanse self and go into meditation loving self.  The key is to remember is, you are okay and worthy of respect.
I found getting the monkey mind under control gets easier each time I seek the quiet space.  I listen to the birds and I try to count how many I hear; soon the monkey is gone and my mind slips into a healing mode.
The quiet and the soft breeze sooths my soul and I drift into a mystical state of consciousness and that is where I find my inner soul speaking to me.  I can not really explain it but those quiet times strengthens me and do wonders for my well being. I am a better person because of the silence I find in those quiet times. I grow stronger and I hear my inner voice speak to me.  The quiet opens up my heart and I hear "my still small voice speak to me"  I hear Gods whisper and I know he guides my every step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaves of God Fall 2009

My seasons have flown by so fast
I can hardly remember the details of my budding
I bloomed far too early forced by natures call
The flower of my youth stolen
My spring lost

I could not hold my bloom
As fruit required all my time
That season of summer went so fast
Consumed by my fruit youth slipped away
Never to swing freely in the warm summers breeze
I held fast lest my fruit should fall

Hot summer days turn to chilly nights
My fruit now ripe hear falls call
They release to face their own unknown
I watch as they fall free
My branches lift from their weight
I stand-alone the crisp air begins to blow

Indian summer comes with new love
I bask in the crisp sun light
My beauty is seen and shared
With the bloom of crimson leaves
My golden years begin

Too soon, I see my skin begin to shrivel
Youths golden beauty slips into grey
My hold on the tree of life seems futile
The frost of winter comes so fast
I hold tight lest I fall

So many leaves are falling
I watch as they let go one by one
My winter is here my time has come
The cold ground awaits my fall

The snows of winter cover my memory
Yet the family tree still stands
Spring will come
New leaves will unfold
The seasons of life begins again

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston