Welcome!

"Antique Quilts are hugs from the past" They are my passion, fact is I AM A QUILT-A-HOLIC AND PROUD OF IT. If you want to e-mail me it is quiltladyIII@aol.com and please do leave a comment. Also check out my Flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/delainegatelyquilts/

Monday, January 17, 2011

My latest creations plus

This is my grand-daughter Anna and her quilt, I had just finished it and she scarfed it up and took it home I did not have time to get a good photo of it, but hey look at what a beauty she is.

I'm having trouble I have an article from Kim Wulfert in this post I do not know how it got there so along with my two quilts you get the article in blue free..........


This room can be very shadowy, sometimes it’s cold and damp
This is my inner place I have to light the fire
I carry the wood and bank the flames.
I am the keeper of the fire; I must illuminate the space.
If the room is to be warm I must do the work.
I kindle the warm glow of memories to light my way.
The hard emotional times are found deep within
I keep those memories concealed in the dark corners.
I enjoy the silence and feel sheltered in my cabin.
In my journal I find the freedom to explore my inner fears.
I can take the candle to the dark corners only if I choose.
Yes there are times I will do just that.
With pen in hand I start a fire that draws me in
I seek understanding as my memories warm the room
My journal is a private place where I go to warm my soul.___________________________________________I love your use of fire as an analogy for insight journaling. Bringing light to the darkness, within and without is so important. Thank you for sharing your poetry Delaine. Delaine Gately also designed the cover of Changing times: Women's Stories and her winning story Mattie's Quilt was included inside along with another story she wrote titled The Little Box.If you haven't tried to write poetry- the secret is to not try, but just free-flow write on a theme that you feel inspired by such as something said, felt or seen. Keep the sentences short, chunk them into stanzas afterward, and there is no need to rhythm. If it's possible, write when the inspiration hits, as fast and quickly as you can. Your creative neurochemicals' spark is on your side for a short time, so grab it while it's hot. You can go back over it later. Inspiration is everywhere. I'm often grabbed by what someone says or buy a celebration, happy or sad, big or private.And, of course, keep your poems coming, or post them yourself. I have others I will share if you would like that. Let me know dear readers.Here is a little reminder about how to post a comment so that others can be a part of a discussion. There doesn't seem to be a way to comment directly from the Feedburner post sent to subscribers. It seems you must be on the Blogger page itself. So if you click on the colored title of the emailed post you will be taken to the Blogger page it is on and you will find the comment section at the end of the post. If someone knows how I can make it possible to comment from the subscriber post, please get in touch with me. Piece,Kimkwulfert@earthlink.net
Subscribe by
Email or Feed
Email the author
2 click here to comment
Labels:
, , ,
I belong to a Monday quilting group we have been meeting for sixteen years, and once a year we have a challenge. This year it was make a quilt depicting a favorite movie, I worked on a theme for almost three months finally I got one, now it is finished and we will turn them in the end of march, there will be silly prizes and great fun seeing every ones creations, then the quilts will hang in our local library for a month, lets see if you can guess it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaves of God Fall 2009

My seasons have flown by so fast
I can hardly remember the details of my budding
I bloomed far too early forced by natures call
The flower of my youth stolen
My spring lost

I could not hold my bloom
As fruit required all my time
That season of summer went so fast
Consumed by my fruit youth slipped away
Never to swing freely in the warm summers breeze
I held fast lest my fruit should fall

Hot summer days turn to chilly nights
My fruit now ripe hear falls call
They release to face their own unknown
I watch as they fall free
My branches lift from their weight
I stand-alone the crisp air begins to blow

Indian summer comes with new love
I bask in the crisp sun light
My beauty is seen and shared
With the bloom of crimson leaves
My golden years begin

Too soon, I see my skin begin to shrivel
Youths golden beauty slips into grey
My hold on the tree of life seems futile
The frost of winter comes so fast
I hold tight lest I fall

So many leaves are falling
I watch as they let go one by one
My winter is here my time has come
The cold ground awaits my fall

The snows of winter cover my memory
Yet the family tree still stands
Spring will come
New leaves will unfold
The seasons of life begins again

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston