Welcome!

"Antique Quilts are hugs from the past" They are my passion, fact is I AM A QUILT-A-HOLIC AND PROUD OF IT. If you want to e-mail me it is quiltladyIII@aol.com and please do leave a comment. Also check out my Flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/delainegatelyquilts/

Friday, March 21, 2014

OMG

We are doing our journey south, Jerry has already weighed our suitcases and we are maxed out so he zipped them up and said no more.  Now I have to figure out how I am going to get the rest of my stuff on the plane.  Half of my suitcase is full of the craft project I am taking.  We have to entertain this old lady, plus a quilt I made for my granddaughter I thought it was better taking it rather than mailing it.  Ashley will be spending her birthday with us so it seemed like a good idea. now I think that was a mistake oh well.  I will have to strap a few things to my body but we may make it.  Our son is housesitting so our little princess will be well loved. He is 6"4" so our place will be well protected no worry there.
Just seems the older I am the more I need to pack, pills, c-pap, laptop, my projects, shoes for the pool shoes for when we go out, hiking shoes, make-up, dental care, pain remedies, spices to prepare foods we will be in a condo and I just can not cook without some spice, cribbage board and cards oh my gosh the list goes on and on, this packing is a job.  Jerry says if it gets any more complicated it just is not worth it, well I do not think we are there yet.  I have stopped taking my pillow and flippers and many other items no more tennis rackets, golf clubs, floatation devices' well you can get the picture there is always the etcetera's that we drag along. I admit I am the main offender but his shoes are really big if he would take just one less pair I could get some more in his suitcase.  He has put the cases at the door so access is impossible I will just have to work on my little problem, you know we ladies are crafty and I am sure I will over come this problem.  Oh my gosh I forget to pick up that last prescription so wish us luck, and that the snow does not fall on our pathway to the airport.

Vacation Ready
Oh worry, worry we are on our way
Our bags are stuffed to capacity
Oh dear oh dear it just occurred to me
I have no room to shop, oh my what will I do.
Fear not  "Goodwill" never fails
We'll  find an old suitcase or maybe two
So with that in mind I believe I am ready
To take to the skies carefree and white knuckled
I will surely return browned with sun freckles
Dang I don't have room for the scales.


BUMP BUMP BUMP
There are no pot holes in the sky
So why is the plane going bump bump bump
Oh I wonder why so high up in the sky
Bump bump bump
I think this woman wasn't meant to fly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaves of God Fall 2009

My seasons have flown by so fast
I can hardly remember the details of my budding
I bloomed far too early forced by natures call
The flower of my youth stolen
My spring lost

I could not hold my bloom
As fruit required all my time
That season of summer went so fast
Consumed by my fruit youth slipped away
Never to swing freely in the warm summers breeze
I held fast lest my fruit should fall

Hot summer days turn to chilly nights
My fruit now ripe hear falls call
They release to face their own unknown
I watch as they fall free
My branches lift from their weight
I stand-alone the crisp air begins to blow

Indian summer comes with new love
I bask in the crisp sun light
My beauty is seen and shared
With the bloom of crimson leaves
My golden years begin

Too soon, I see my skin begin to shrivel
Youths golden beauty slips into grey
My hold on the tree of life seems futile
The frost of winter comes so fast
I hold tight lest I fall

So many leaves are falling
I watch as they let go one by one
My winter is here my time has come
The cold ground awaits my fall

The snows of winter cover my memory
Yet the family tree still stands
Spring will come
New leaves will unfold
The seasons of life begins again

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston