Welcome!

"Antique Quilts are hugs from the past" They are my passion, fact is I AM A QUILT-A-HOLIC AND PROUD OF IT. If you want to e-mail me it is quiltladyIII@aol.com and please do leave a comment. Also check out my Flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/delainegatelyquilts/

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Well I have started to polish the crystals and shiny ornaments after all the tree has been up for three years and it needs some work, but oh my how lovely it is.  Yes it is that time again,  Christmas the season of joy and celebration for the Lord has come.  Well not every one celebrates in the same way for the same reason but for me and mine we celebrate Christmas the old fashion way with Christ's birth at the center.  For some the Christmas season brings sadness and a feeling of loneliness.  That is true I have been there, more times than I wish to remember, but we always put our sorrows aside for our family, we come together in love of each other, we help each other, supported each other and cried together but on Christmas we stand together in love for our Lord and each other, we seek joy in our fellowship, in our songs and in our laughter.  We eat special foods made with the hands of our loved ones.  Sometimes there is an empty seat at the table, a dear one has passed, or walked away, but for us this year a new life will join our prayer circle I'Leah a beautiful granddaughter joins us.  We will bless this new life this new family member.  Someday she will have a circle of her own and she will take with her our family traditions and she will add to them.  I am looking forwards to our family day when we all join hands and pray for the coming year and give thanks for the year coming to a close, it has been a very busy year full of so much family time I had many long talks with my son, these were good times we have missed so many because of life's flowing we were going different directions no time for chit chat, but this year we caught up on many stories and a few cribbage games, he is one lucky fellow, I love cribbage so much I do not mind loosing within reason. but trust me "do not play poker with Steven for cash" what is yours will soon be his. 
Reflecting on this last year brings smiles to my heart it was a really fine year I have much to be thankful for, family and friends are my riches I am a wealthy woman because I am loved and I can see the love around me.
If for some reason you are alone this season, look around, there are others
like you alone, reach out and bring them to your circle.  My theory is to adopt when we moved here from California we had no family so we adopted one another couple with no family just like us we joined together and shared our holidays those were some of my happiest holidays we had so much fun together.  New traditions were started we shared love and fellowship, if you know of someone who will be alone reach out you never know how that friendship will grow maybe it will be a one time event or maybe a life long relationship.  Magic happens when you give of yourself,
this is the season for magic, and it is all about love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaves of God Fall 2009

My seasons have flown by so fast
I can hardly remember the details of my budding
I bloomed far too early forced by natures call
The flower of my youth stolen
My spring lost

I could not hold my bloom
As fruit required all my time
That season of summer went so fast
Consumed by my fruit youth slipped away
Never to swing freely in the warm summers breeze
I held fast lest my fruit should fall

Hot summer days turn to chilly nights
My fruit now ripe hear falls call
They release to face their own unknown
I watch as they fall free
My branches lift from their weight
I stand-alone the crisp air begins to blow

Indian summer comes with new love
I bask in the crisp sun light
My beauty is seen and shared
With the bloom of crimson leaves
My golden years begin

Too soon, I see my skin begin to shrivel
Youths golden beauty slips into grey
My hold on the tree of life seems futile
The frost of winter comes so fast
I hold tight lest I fall

So many leaves are falling
I watch as they let go one by one
My winter is here my time has come
The cold ground awaits my fall

The snows of winter cover my memory
Yet the family tree still stands
Spring will come
New leaves will unfold
The seasons of life begins again

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston