Welcome!

"Antique Quilts are hugs from the past" They are my passion, fact is I AM A QUILT-A-HOLIC AND PROUD OF IT. If you want to e-mail me it is quiltladyIII@aol.com and please do leave a comment. Also check out my Flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/delainegatelyquilts/

Sunday, September 22, 2013

September always brings wonderful sunsets, living on our hill is a visual adventure watching the wind and the waters color change with the clouds and now the squalls I love it,  I find myself just sitting and watching the horizon as its changes the clouds swirling about slow my heart and settle my minds eye.  Those sunny days just a memory, ah but we had so many this year.  I regret not getting out in the yard and doing more this time of year gives a urgency to get it done, so much to dead head, the flowers were wonderful but once they die there is much to be done, as the wet weather moves in, The sunny days make living in this wet climate worth while.  I guess I love it all.
We are canning bounty from our fruit trees, apples, pears, plums not so many tomatoes, apple sauce, jam and I hope apple butter and my favorite orange marmalade.  Some of the potatoes are ready.
My creative spirit is a flame, with new and exciting ideas there is just not enough time in a day, I am trying to "not" do all-nighter's but they just seem to happen once I start a project I have no concept of time I go into a world all my own and I try to sleep but the sandman must have left town without me. I am truly blessed with a husband who is so comfortable in his own skin he can let me do what ever I want without feeling left out he is a wonderful man, and I am finally safe with love wrapped around me my spirit is free to create, I have been blessed in so many ways yahoo God.
Four of my pieces, two wall and two wearable's were juried into the Pacific International Quilt Festival, in Santa Clara California wow, double wow what a nice surprise, sadly I can not attend the show too many other previous scheduled events so I will not get to see my quilts hanging with all those wonderful creations. Getting to be in the  show is prize enough for me, but wouldn't it be wonderful to win something like I said double wow.
I have not written in some time forgot my password and let it pass time does fly that is for sure.
We have a new Great Granddaughter I'leah,  she is a cutie for sure but aren't they all especially in their grandmother's eyes, a new life coming into this world so fresh and fragile without malice.  We old ones watch her young mother's life change from young woman to a mother so protective and in a state of wonder at her precious treasure, love in it's purest form, the magic of motherly love, so beautiful to watch.
Well I am trying to get ready for a retreat our art group "STITCH" are gathering on Whidbey for Island four days of fun.  Friends of like minds doing creative stuff, eating and sharing our group is growing stronger with each gathering, we will just be girls again having a slumber party.  What fun is that?
I want to say a thank you to Patty Vincent for having the courage to start her business "Harbor Quilts" she has been a wonderful asset to our quilting community.  We have watched her go through so much pain and her courage and good humor has been admirable to say the least.  Her knowledge and encouragement has gotten so many through the quilter maze of confusion and gotten so may newbies' on the road to the joy of quilting, all I can say is well done Patty.  We just got the news she has sold her business, her positive presence will be missed, hopefully she will stay around in our community keeping her talented hand in the quilting world and she will be missed by so many.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post, wonderful poem and sweet granddaughter and great-grand. I'm so looking forward to spending time with you at our retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Leaves of God Fall 2009

My seasons have flown by so fast
I can hardly remember the details of my budding
I bloomed far too early forced by natures call
The flower of my youth stolen
My spring lost

I could not hold my bloom
As fruit required all my time
That season of summer went so fast
Consumed by my fruit youth slipped away
Never to swing freely in the warm summers breeze
I held fast lest my fruit should fall

Hot summer days turn to chilly nights
My fruit now ripe hear falls call
They release to face their own unknown
I watch as they fall free
My branches lift from their weight
I stand-alone the crisp air begins to blow

Indian summer comes with new love
I bask in the crisp sun light
My beauty is seen and shared
With the bloom of crimson leaves
My golden years begin

Too soon, I see my skin begin to shrivel
Youths golden beauty slips into grey
My hold on the tree of life seems futile
The frost of winter comes so fast
I hold tight lest I fall

So many leaves are falling
I watch as they let go one by one
My winter is here my time has come
The cold ground awaits my fall

The snows of winter cover my memory
Yet the family tree still stands
Spring will come
New leaves will unfold
The seasons of life begins again

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston