Welcome!

"Antique Quilts are hugs from the past" They are my passion, fact is I AM A QUILT-A-HOLIC AND PROUD OF IT. If you want to e-mail me it is quiltladyIII@aol.com and please do leave a comment. Also check out my Flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/delainegatelyquilts/

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Apples & google what a life

I have changed my google account password daily for about a week, I do not know what is wrong or how to fix it...At the moment I believe it is fixed but my gut says next time I log in I will have trouble again,.  Anyone else having trouble???Wow I refuse to pass it off to my age, but I am beginning to suspect something mysterious is sabotaging  my brain what ever it is it is nice to be back on my blog.





These warm sunny days are wonderful I worry about me trees, are they getting enough water etc etc so each day I am out there making sure each one has a bit,,,The apple trees are heavy with fruit,.  We have already made apple sauce,four pies and four packages of apples ready to make pie.  This is our first attempt at freezing the apples all cut and ready for pie.  I hope they work, well even soft apples make good pie right?  Now I have my apples picked for apple butter, I am also going to attempt Plum butter with maybe a little lavender as spice sounds good to me Jerry is a bit pensive and wrinkles his noise but we will try it anyway...We will be canning for some time now as the apple trees do not all drop at the same time, our winter hard apples will not be ready for at least a month they are the last to drop....As for the pears there just is not enough to can last year was a bumper crop but not this year.  The plums are so heavy on the tree that I am worried about the branches breaking, Jerry has put some poles up but the tree is so heavy it is impossible to do them all.
Now the freezer is getting very full Jerry has also picked about 3 gallons of black berries for syrup I am hoping to get a pie out of the deal but for now it is syrup first. pie later.   It sure is nice to have a helper in the kitchen at canning time it has it's draw backs also--Jerry is a big guy and when he is at the sink there is no room for me it is a true test of our wills to work together it just is not in our make up to work together I guess love is a big factor in our getting along, without it well it would not be pretty. 
Hey you all how about a comment once in awhile I just love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaves of God Fall 2009

My seasons have flown by so fast
I can hardly remember the details of my budding
I bloomed far too early forced by natures call
The flower of my youth stolen
My spring lost

I could not hold my bloom
As fruit required all my time
That season of summer went so fast
Consumed by my fruit youth slipped away
Never to swing freely in the warm summers breeze
I held fast lest my fruit should fall

Hot summer days turn to chilly nights
My fruit now ripe hear falls call
They release to face their own unknown
I watch as they fall free
My branches lift from their weight
I stand-alone the crisp air begins to blow

Indian summer comes with new love
I bask in the crisp sun light
My beauty is seen and shared
With the bloom of crimson leaves
My golden years begin

Too soon, I see my skin begin to shrivel
Youths golden beauty slips into grey
My hold on the tree of life seems futile
The frost of winter comes so fast
I hold tight lest I fall

So many leaves are falling
I watch as they let go one by one
My winter is here my time has come
The cold ground awaits my fall

The snows of winter cover my memory
Yet the family tree still stands
Spring will come
New leaves will unfold
The seasons of life begins again

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston