Welcome!

"Antique Quilts are hugs from the past" They are my passion, fact is I AM A QUILT-A-HOLIC AND PROUD OF IT. If you want to e-mail me it is quiltladyIII@aol.com and please do leave a comment. Also check out my Flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/delainegatelyquilts/

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wow what a week

Started the week off doing applesauce Jerry peeled and I canned we are a good team.

Next my grandson came to visit we went fishing and had a lot of fun with worms but no fish, Well, Wyatt caught two but they were way too small, no keepers.  Oh well next time.

Mid week and our STITCH group meets and we have fun with color and fabric pieces wait until next month and you will see a great
array of small colorful quilts

To end the week my daughter and I went to the Great Seattle Antique Road Show
Some might call it the great stand off because we stood for almost six hours arrived at 11:30 and left at 5:30 we loved it, all the pain was worth every cramp of foot, back spasm and head ache from the lights it was a wonderful day spent with my daughter and the other 9000 people.  I have to commend the ARS for their organization and the many people who worked for the show they were so happy and helpful. It was a great day.

To end the week My daughter and I went to Antique Road Show in Seattle, wow there were at least 9000 people there, we had so much fun standing for nearly 6 hours.

Our new friends we stood together for over four hours and became great friends, what a good time, much laughter and shared stories of  our many the great hunts.

Staggered to the ferry thank goodness the weather is changing and I can feel the cool marine air 

Good bye Seattle I am not going to describe the traffic, there was 3 cruise ships in with about 10,000 people coming and going plus the Hemp Festival,  need I say more.
Anyway I had a great week and the next week is The Association of Pacific West Quilters show in Tacoma please come and share the love of quilting with Kindred spirits--And do not miss the great Wearable -art Fashion show on Sat 4-6 I will be modeling four of my creations they are a bit different than the others but together it is going to be a great show.
Go on-line at APWQ and check out the details

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaves of God Fall 2009

My seasons have flown by so fast
I can hardly remember the details of my budding
I bloomed far too early forced by natures call
The flower of my youth stolen
My spring lost

I could not hold my bloom
As fruit required all my time
That season of summer went so fast
Consumed by my fruit youth slipped away
Never to swing freely in the warm summers breeze
I held fast lest my fruit should fall

Hot summer days turn to chilly nights
My fruit now ripe hear falls call
They release to face their own unknown
I watch as they fall free
My branches lift from their weight
I stand-alone the crisp air begins to blow

Indian summer comes with new love
I bask in the crisp sun light
My beauty is seen and shared
With the bloom of crimson leaves
My golden years begin

Too soon, I see my skin begin to shrivel
Youths golden beauty slips into grey
My hold on the tree of life seems futile
The frost of winter comes so fast
I hold tight lest I fall

So many leaves are falling
I watch as they let go one by one
My winter is here my time has come
The cold ground awaits my fall

The snows of winter cover my memory
Yet the family tree still stands
Spring will come
New leaves will unfold
The seasons of life begins again

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston