Welcome!

"Antique Quilts are hugs from the past" They are my passion, fact is I AM A QUILT-A-HOLIC AND PROUD OF IT. If you want to e-mail me it is quiltladyIII@aol.com and please do leave a comment. Also check out my Flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/delainegatelyquilts/

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

2012 Easter

We were blessed with a beautiful Easter, everything was lovely.The children are getting older but they still love the hunt, it was so much fun watching them dash around and Grandpa giving hints galore, pretty soon everybody had to jump in and help search.  This year my son brought camouflage eggs, they were really hard to find we missed one, not bad for the first time with them. I still love the colored ones best.
Easter was one of our dear friend Ethel's favorite holidays, she loved a party no matter what the occasion. She passed last March it does not seem possible she has been gone that long, we all miss her smiling face and the love she gave to each of us The little ones suggested we plant a tree for her, We have several named trees in our yard.  So they thought we should have one for Ethel she would have loved the gesture so we took time out to plant a tree in her memory, a lovely Star Magnolia, we have two already but this one will be special She will greet everyone who comes down the driveway.  I think she would be pleased.
Easter has always been a special family day, I can remember being a little girl and smelling the food cooking, my Mother would bake a leg of Lamb with mint jelly, she was a great cook and her lamb was sensational. I tried a couple of times but mine just was not the same. Jerry does not like lamb so I think that tradition died on our leg of the family.  We had a brunch, eggs Benedict, fruit, ham and sausages, and friend Jody brought some danish so we were well fed.  All and all it was just the best, only thing we could have added was having all the family here, chances are slim we will ever get them all together again.  One has moved to California, some are always working the holiday for that extra pay and life changes, but we have had the good times and our memories will sustain us.  If we are not together the love we shared each time we gathered together will never be lost it is held in our hearts, our good memories become our hearts treasure and no one can ever take those dear memories away..  Christ said we should love abundantly, we celebrated His day and honored him by loving each other abundantly.
I am truly a happy woman. I have pictures but I will have to search for them

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaves of God Fall 2009

My seasons have flown by so fast
I can hardly remember the details of my budding
I bloomed far too early forced by natures call
The flower of my youth stolen
My spring lost

I could not hold my bloom
As fruit required all my time
That season of summer went so fast
Consumed by my fruit youth slipped away
Never to swing freely in the warm summers breeze
I held fast lest my fruit should fall

Hot summer days turn to chilly nights
My fruit now ripe hear falls call
They release to face their own unknown
I watch as they fall free
My branches lift from their weight
I stand-alone the crisp air begins to blow

Indian summer comes with new love
I bask in the crisp sun light
My beauty is seen and shared
With the bloom of crimson leaves
My golden years begin

Too soon, I see my skin begin to shrivel
Youths golden beauty slips into grey
My hold on the tree of life seems futile
The frost of winter comes so fast
I hold tight lest I fall

So many leaves are falling
I watch as they let go one by one
My winter is here my time has come
The cold ground awaits my fall

The snows of winter cover my memory
Yet the family tree still stands
Spring will come
New leaves will unfold
The seasons of life begins again

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston