Welcome!

"Antique Quilts are hugs from the past" They are my passion, fact is I AM A QUILT-A-HOLIC AND PROUD OF IT. If you want to e-mail me it is quiltladyIII@aol.com and please do leave a comment. Also check out my Flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/delainegatelyquilts/

Monday, February 20, 2012

I often wonder why we are all so different. I know we do not look alike talk alike but I am talking about inside our hearts, why do we witness an incident and all walk away with a different impression. Our eyes saw it at the same time and yet we all perceive it in our own individual way. We bring baggage with us when we witness, our previous experiences mold our judgement. Everything that we experience changes us for good or bad. Take a child who wants a Cookie, he is told no, and then he is left in the room with the cookies, the child climbs up on the table and takes the Cookie and wolfs it down as fast as he can. Then the parent comes back and the child is caught. If the parent punishes the child, will he remember, to do what he is told or to be more careful and not be caught; or will he forget about the Cookie and think the parent is mean to him and starts a inner war against the parent a war that may last for decades. If the parent says "oh now that's a bad boy' and lets the child have another Cookie because he was so hungry, what will the child remember? that not doing what he is told is okay, or just do what you want when no one is watching.  Are seeds of doubt planted that grow into insecurity, or does he feel he is loved and continues to grow strong and self sufficient and secure.  You see how these simple acts can change a child's concept of who they are and each one of us has had this kind of hit to our lives. We have the inner power and can choose which way to go; our baggage need not distort our lives we as adults have the power to shape our own baggage, We control our lives not our baggage we choose how it will shape our lives.how we handle the baggage shapes who we are.  This explains why we are all different: why one person is always too self conciseness and afraid to speak up, while the next one can't shut  up long enough to hear any one else. We all come together dragging our baggage with us and reacting to the same situations over and over again. All the while we each have a built in desire to achieve in our own unique way and most of the time no one understands,.  Why we approach a problem the way we do. is our choose, how we react to our friends and families is also our choice, we can not change the past we can only change the future..
As adults we have to be aware of this baggage and deal with it from with in.  Let go of that bag of rocks and meet life's happenings with a clear mind, a mind that has dealt with the past hurts by getting them in prospective.  We live in a fast pace life and so many just push things from the past under the rug and move on., but it does not work. It is not until they hit the wall either by illness or incident that the weight of these rocks become impossible to drag; so we must deal with them and move forwards. The hurts happened but we do not have to let them shape our future.
How would you begin the process, or better yet have you dealt with the rocks in your life, facing them is the beginning of the healing process.
Recognizing we are all different and we all react differently to each incident helps to develop a tolerance. An acceptance of the other persons view.  Understanding, frees us to learn more about that person and allows us to grow free of the old rocks. it allows that we can open up and share our true feelings.  Getting free of those old hurts gives a new freedom to seek friendship rather than conflict....
What I am saying is it is up to us to become the friend; and reach out to someone in friendship and share their life experience...Beware there are really good people out there so be prepared to be a friend and be there for for someone, be prepared to accept their gift of love and friendship I assure you, that you will receive more than you can ever give.  The difference between people is real so let it enhance your friendships and make them stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaves of God Fall 2009

My seasons have flown by so fast
I can hardly remember the details of my budding
I bloomed far too early forced by natures call
The flower of my youth stolen
My spring lost

I could not hold my bloom
As fruit required all my time
That season of summer went so fast
Consumed by my fruit youth slipped away
Never to swing freely in the warm summers breeze
I held fast lest my fruit should fall

Hot summer days turn to chilly nights
My fruit now ripe hear falls call
They release to face their own unknown
I watch as they fall free
My branches lift from their weight
I stand-alone the crisp air begins to blow

Indian summer comes with new love
I bask in the crisp sun light
My beauty is seen and shared
With the bloom of crimson leaves
My golden years begin

Too soon, I see my skin begin to shrivel
Youths golden beauty slips into grey
My hold on the tree of life seems futile
The frost of winter comes so fast
I hold tight lest I fall

So many leaves are falling
I watch as they let go one by one
My winter is here my time has come
The cold ground awaits my fall

The snows of winter cover my memory
Yet the family tree still stands
Spring will come
New leaves will unfold
The seasons of life begins again

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston