Welcome!

"Antique Quilts are hugs from the past" They are my passion, fact is I AM A QUILT-A-HOLIC AND PROUD OF IT. If you want to e-mail me it is quiltladyIII@aol.com and please do leave a comment. Also check out my Flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/delainegatelyquilts/

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It rained all day today I keep looking for the sun


Seems like Fall/winter dropped in suddenly and is planning on staying, this is the first year I am already looking forwards to going south, I stayed in all day we canned plums and I made another batch of apple butter.  The pears are picked but they are not ready to can, they are beautiful this year so big but so far not ready.  Canning is something I look forwards to it is one of those seasonal duty's that prepare you for the coming winter.  I love to have my jars all lined up on the counter I leave them there for a turn so I can enjoy them when I finally do put them away I always set them up in my pantry like little soldier's on review.  Jerry brought home a flat of strawberries, the Green Store had them on sale, so tomorrow I will do strawberry jam.  I like to give our canned treasures in a basket at Christmas to family and friends we  also do Carmel corn by the bucket.
What am I doing thinking about Christmas already, I really do start early because of  all our grand children I have a special Armour that I collect gifts in all year long; I call it Grandma's mystery closet.  It always peaks the children's curiosity. 
Our youngest Katie turned 8 this last week end and I realized we are almost out of little ones the years fly by so fast.  Our oldest grand-daughter is in the hospital with major complications in her pregnancy(please send healing prays for Toby and Baby Payton their lives are in danger the baby is not due until Dec 17th)  For now the Baby is doing fine but Mom is not doing good at all; the water has broken and she is bleeding heavily I fear for her and the baby.  Toby is the grand-daughter who just ten months ago was in a horrific auto accident.  Her pelvis was broken in 3 places and ribs broken they had to use the jaws of life to get her out of the car.  They did not think she would survive.  Now here she is again struggling for her life.
There is always some thing going on in a family as large as ours; I had no idea I would have so many grandchildren it gets bumpy at times but the joys are always with us I love them all so very much and wish I could make their lives better but they have to grow on their own, learn by their own mistakes and grow strong.
We did it, there were times when I did not think I would survive but I did and with the lesson, I grew stronger and now I am the wise "old" matriarch of my family and I am so proud of all of them. 
Tomorrow after the strawberries I will get back to my quilting I have to get my Civil war quilt finished and some crafting done for the Northwest Crafters show.  I am also giving two lectures this Oct/Nov on my quilts it is always so much fun I love to talk about my quilts and tell their stories.

1 comment:

  1. My prayers are with you and your family. I still have a old quilt top for you to look at, if you are at all interested. Hugs Mary

    ReplyDelete

Leaves of God Fall 2009

My seasons have flown by so fast
I can hardly remember the details of my budding
I bloomed far too early forced by natures call
The flower of my youth stolen
My spring lost

I could not hold my bloom
As fruit required all my time
That season of summer went so fast
Consumed by my fruit youth slipped away
Never to swing freely in the warm summers breeze
I held fast lest my fruit should fall

Hot summer days turn to chilly nights
My fruit now ripe hear falls call
They release to face their own unknown
I watch as they fall free
My branches lift from their weight
I stand-alone the crisp air begins to blow

Indian summer comes with new love
I bask in the crisp sun light
My beauty is seen and shared
With the bloom of crimson leaves
My golden years begin

Too soon, I see my skin begin to shrivel
Youths golden beauty slips into grey
My hold on the tree of life seems futile
The frost of winter comes so fast
I hold tight lest I fall

So many leaves are falling
I watch as they let go one by one
My winter is here my time has come
The cold ground awaits my fall

The snows of winter cover my memory
Yet the family tree still stands
Spring will come
New leaves will unfold
The seasons of life begins again

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston