Welcome!

"Antique Quilts are hugs from the past" They are my passion, fact is I AM A QUILT-A-HOLIC AND PROUD OF IT. If you want to e-mail me it is quiltladyIII@aol.com and please do leave a comment. Also check out my Flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/delainegatelyquilts/

Sunday, July 10, 2011

The best that you can be

Just pondering life again and I wondered just how many actually get up and commit to being the best that they could be each day?  How many actually think about their action first, and commit to not letting anyone ruin their day? Sounds easy but you know the drill the first person that walks into your day has a sour attitude and it sets the pace for the whole day; why not beat them to the punch and commit to being happy and productive despite the reality of our lives.  What a different world it would be the sour puss is cut off at the get go with a "good morning, what a wonderful day it is" and a big smile.  Try not to smile back it is not easy smiles are contagious and it has been proven that it takes less muscle power to smile than to frown. 
When I was going through my divorce I would walk to the mirror every morning and say " I will be happy " even if I had to grinch  my teeth to say it, and there were days when there were tears.  I willed myself to be happy and it worked, happiness came to me.  It took time but I was ready for it, and when I look back to those dark days I know that being positive changed the direction of my life.  We are in control of our little space in this world we make our own destiny.  My favorite saying is "When things go wrong don't go with them", and it is just that simple.


Stand up to the dark side and bring light into the room, we can not change 'the' world but we can change where we stand that is our world; by being positive and supportive of others we can make a difference..  Look around and see who is having a bad day and go and encourage them, maybe just a wink will turn their day around, a pat on the shoulder, or a simple "ata girl or boy'.  Nothing is more up lifting than to have someone, say you did a good job; or "your really know how to do that well".  Simple positive gestures are free gifts we can give to others and then the magic happens it come back to you, three fold.  Sounds to easy, well try it for a month and see for yourself it is one of the truisms in life.  And it is free to all who wish to improve their days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaves of God Fall 2009

My seasons have flown by so fast
I can hardly remember the details of my budding
I bloomed far too early forced by natures call
The flower of my youth stolen
My spring lost

I could not hold my bloom
As fruit required all my time
That season of summer went so fast
Consumed by my fruit youth slipped away
Never to swing freely in the warm summers breeze
I held fast lest my fruit should fall

Hot summer days turn to chilly nights
My fruit now ripe hear falls call
They release to face their own unknown
I watch as they fall free
My branches lift from their weight
I stand-alone the crisp air begins to blow

Indian summer comes with new love
I bask in the crisp sun light
My beauty is seen and shared
With the bloom of crimson leaves
My golden years begin

Too soon, I see my skin begin to shrivel
Youths golden beauty slips into grey
My hold on the tree of life seems futile
The frost of winter comes so fast
I hold tight lest I fall

So many leaves are falling
I watch as they let go one by one
My winter is here my time has come
The cold ground awaits my fall

The snows of winter cover my memory
Yet the family tree still stands
Spring will come
New leaves will unfold
The seasons of life begins again

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston