Welcome!

"Antique Quilts are hugs from the past" They are my passion, fact is I AM A QUILT-A-HOLIC AND PROUD OF IT. If you want to e-mail me it is quiltladyIII@aol.com and please do leave a comment. Also check out my Flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/delainegatelyquilts/

Friday, April 1, 2011

insights


Life is a mystery and a surprise, each day brings a new experience some good or sometimes bad. When our hearts are broken, and we feel the sting of lose. We make a choice even when the sadness is seemingly unbearable we choose. We are truly in charge of our destiny; even when the sadness is over whelming; the weight of grief is the worst it throws your chemical balance off and depression can set in. The sad truth is some never get over their grief, they carry it around their necks like a badge of honor, they slip into a deep hole of depression...and the hole gets deeper and deeper until they can not escape. Once anchored in self pity; recovery becomes overwhelming...but not impossible.

What is it that makes that difference? why are some people so resilient? True they seem to stride through life never showing their scars always ready to start over they seem unafraid of life or is it death that makes the difference? What we have learned and what we accept, our belief system, that is what makes the difference. When you have faith, a core belief that there is more beyond this life, when you have that belief you are not afraid to go on. You carry the sadness but you go on because you know we are eternal and our walk is only temporary. What our life experience will be is a mystery, sometimes it is very rough on the soul, and other times the joy is beyond belief it is all temporary life keeps changing yet it is never the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaves of God Fall 2009

My seasons have flown by so fast
I can hardly remember the details of my budding
I bloomed far too early forced by natures call
The flower of my youth stolen
My spring lost

I could not hold my bloom
As fruit required all my time
That season of summer went so fast
Consumed by my fruit youth slipped away
Never to swing freely in the warm summers breeze
I held fast lest my fruit should fall

Hot summer days turn to chilly nights
My fruit now ripe hear falls call
They release to face their own unknown
I watch as they fall free
My branches lift from their weight
I stand-alone the crisp air begins to blow

Indian summer comes with new love
I bask in the crisp sun light
My beauty is seen and shared
With the bloom of crimson leaves
My golden years begin

Too soon, I see my skin begin to shrivel
Youths golden beauty slips into grey
My hold on the tree of life seems futile
The frost of winter comes so fast
I hold tight lest I fall

So many leaves are falling
I watch as they let go one by one
My winter is here my time has come
The cold ground awaits my fall

The snows of winter cover my memory
Yet the family tree still stands
Spring will come
New leaves will unfold
The seasons of life begins again

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston