Welcome!

"Antique Quilts are hugs from the past" They are my passion, fact is I AM A QUILT-A-HOLIC AND PROUD OF IT. If you want to e-mail me it is quiltladyIII@aol.com and please do leave a comment. Also check out my Flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/delainegatelyquilts/

Sunday, February 6, 2011

I have a new toy




My new toy is a Baby-lock Embellisher it is fun and makes my toying around much faster, it was made for wool, well if you know me, I have to do it different and so I tried it with silk and a underline of warm and natural. it seems to work only time will tell if the two purses I made will hold up under handling and movement. I just can not pass up a really good deal and this machine was half price and well, I was lead astray. I think I will have a great deal of satisfaction making and remaking material etc etc etc!
It was a really wet and dark day today, I spent my time cleaning out my closets, mainly because I went shopping and bought some new duds and my new strategy is, if I buy something I have to get rid of three of the same, well it did not take any time for me to fill five bags for Good Will, both Jerry and I had a lot of outfits we courted in oh so long ago, and out they went. I wonder how long it will take for my color coded shirts and pants to get mixed up. For now I know what I have to wear, I still have a lot of slips pretty ones in lovely colors, they remain even if I do not wear them much , they are just too pretty to discard and besides you may see one or two of them in a art project some time down the road. Now if I could just get the rest of the house in order I could sew every day and night....Jerry really likes a clean uncluttered house; at times it is just the way he likes it, but not as often as it used to be it seems creativity has taken over......Funny how doing mundane jobs help settle your spirit, when I have something on my mind a project helps to clear the air , with my first marriage I used to take out my frustrations weeding I weeded like crazy, I pretended I was pulling his hair and there were very few weeds in my garden; now mine is a happy garden with many weeds. I find mindless work allows your heart to settle and it is often a time to pray and seek insight into what is burdening your heart today was one of those day; the Lord and I got a lot accomplished, it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaves of God Fall 2009

My seasons have flown by so fast
I can hardly remember the details of my budding
I bloomed far too early forced by natures call
The flower of my youth stolen
My spring lost

I could not hold my bloom
As fruit required all my time
That season of summer went so fast
Consumed by my fruit youth slipped away
Never to swing freely in the warm summers breeze
I held fast lest my fruit should fall

Hot summer days turn to chilly nights
My fruit now ripe hear falls call
They release to face their own unknown
I watch as they fall free
My branches lift from their weight
I stand-alone the crisp air begins to blow

Indian summer comes with new love
I bask in the crisp sun light
My beauty is seen and shared
With the bloom of crimson leaves
My golden years begin

Too soon, I see my skin begin to shrivel
Youths golden beauty slips into grey
My hold on the tree of life seems futile
The frost of winter comes so fast
I hold tight lest I fall

So many leaves are falling
I watch as they let go one by one
My winter is here my time has come
The cold ground awaits my fall

The snows of winter cover my memory
Yet the family tree still stands
Spring will come
New leaves will unfold
The seasons of life begins again

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston