Welcome!

"Antique Quilts are hugs from the past" They are my passion, fact is I AM A QUILT-A-HOLIC AND PROUD OF IT. If you want to e-mail me it is quiltladyIII@aol.com and please do leave a comment. Also check out my Flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/delainegatelyquilts/

Monday, September 20, 2010

Whirl Wind week end is history

What a lovely time I had, first there was Artist Open Studio Tour this was my first year and it turned out to be such fun. My Husband Jerry and our three daughters all pitched in and helped to make it a great memory. So many nice people came to visit "my studio" well actually it is just my sewing room but they all seemed to really enjoy the tour and it was wonderful having so many people validate my eclectic quilting skills what a bust to ones ego. I had a great time showing off my work and meeting so many nice people, having our girls there was just the frosting on the cake.
Then Saturday night they auctioned off the Herons at a Gala dinner even thou I was so tired from the Open Studio Tour we closed the tour at 5:00 and dashed to the auction by 5:30 it was so exciting watching the Heron go on the block, even with the economy down they made over 30k on the auction, my Heron went for $1300.00 which was good there were a few that went over, one went for $3200. it was such a good cause, it would have been great to have them all go that high but alas you takes what comes your way and everyone had a great time. They had a live band and dancing but I was far too tired to shake a leg I was lucky I had Jerry to drag me home by 1:30am to rise again to another day of Open studio and special time with the girls. So all the preparations and work of planning the week-end, it is now over and life will go back to normal, the truth be known I am so ready for some quiet down time. Naps sound so appealing I am going to set my sights to mastering the afternoon nap with my love, that just plane sounds wonderful at this time in my life so for now Be Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaves of God Fall 2009

My seasons have flown by so fast
I can hardly remember the details of my budding
I bloomed far too early forced by natures call
The flower of my youth stolen
My spring lost

I could not hold my bloom
As fruit required all my time
That season of summer went so fast
Consumed by my fruit youth slipped away
Never to swing freely in the warm summers breeze
I held fast lest my fruit should fall

Hot summer days turn to chilly nights
My fruit now ripe hear falls call
They release to face their own unknown
I watch as they fall free
My branches lift from their weight
I stand-alone the crisp air begins to blow

Indian summer comes with new love
I bask in the crisp sun light
My beauty is seen and shared
With the bloom of crimson leaves
My golden years begin

Too soon, I see my skin begin to shrivel
Youths golden beauty slips into grey
My hold on the tree of life seems futile
The frost of winter comes so fast
I hold tight lest I fall

So many leaves are falling
I watch as they let go one by one
My winter is here my time has come
The cold ground awaits my fall

The snows of winter cover my memory
Yet the family tree still stands
Spring will come
New leaves will unfold
The seasons of life begins again

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston