Welcome!

"Antique Quilts are hugs from the past" They are my passion, fact is I AM A QUILT-A-HOLIC AND PROUD OF IT. If you want to e-mail me it is quiltladyIII@aol.com and please do leave a comment. Also check out my Flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/delainegatelyquilts/

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas coming fast

Christmas seems to sneak up on you until the 9th then it goes into warp speed, the flu is dropping family members like over ripe apples off a tree. As I write there are 3 down, it is always a worry when the little ones start running 103+ temps and they are so lethargic poor Mommies and Dads .
For the older set we are fairing well, and planning a bash on the 20th for the whole family plus friends, I guess that means we will have to clean house, well at least clear the hall ways, seems I am leaving debris in the halls; Jerry is always neat if he leaves anything it is always neatly folded then piled in odd places, thank goodness he is neat this place would be a disaster if he was not.
For so many the Holidays bring memories of loss, why is it so many family and friends die during the Christmas season, are we just more aware or is this a seasonal curse? I pray for the ones left behind and hope they can let go of the pain and find joy with the family and friends. My theory is if you do not have family here for the Holidays adopt them or let someone adopt you there is too much sadness going around. We all have to pull together to help bring some sunshine into the lives of those alone during this season of lights. Do not take " no " for an answer, if they will not come out, go to them take some special food, talk to them about their grief, share their grief and help them come out their disparaging depression...Yes it takes time and this time of year does not allow much time but there is a magic that happens when you give time to others somehow you find you still have time for yourself. The magic of giving, yes there is a magic and this time of year it is there for you, so try it, find the magic and the promise of love shared. Isn't that what this season is all about. Give love, not pain, there is so much to gain; wow is that poetic or what?
We are all in this thing called" life" together, reach out and start a chain reaction of love.
Look at how much of an impact was made by the thousands who stood with the families of those fallen Officers, something good will come from that "sharing of love and concern" it will change hearts, and change the way we look at those who serve and protect, that negative event will bring a positive reaction, and I want to be part of that action. God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaves of God Fall 2009

My seasons have flown by so fast
I can hardly remember the details of my budding
I bloomed far too early forced by natures call
The flower of my youth stolen
My spring lost

I could not hold my bloom
As fruit required all my time
That season of summer went so fast
Consumed by my fruit youth slipped away
Never to swing freely in the warm summers breeze
I held fast lest my fruit should fall

Hot summer days turn to chilly nights
My fruit now ripe hear falls call
They release to face their own unknown
I watch as they fall free
My branches lift from their weight
I stand-alone the crisp air begins to blow

Indian summer comes with new love
I bask in the crisp sun light
My beauty is seen and shared
With the bloom of crimson leaves
My golden years begin

Too soon, I see my skin begin to shrivel
Youths golden beauty slips into grey
My hold on the tree of life seems futile
The frost of winter comes so fast
I hold tight lest I fall

So many leaves are falling
I watch as they let go one by one
My winter is here my time has come
The cold ground awaits my fall

The snows of winter cover my memory
Yet the family tree still stands
Spring will come
New leaves will unfold
The seasons of life begins again

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston

Edmonds Ferry to Kingston